Conceived by legendary database guru Michael Stonebraker, the HP Vertica Analytics Platform was purpose built from the first line of code for Big Data Analytics. Why? Because it was clear that data warehouses and “business-as-usual” practices were limiting technologies, causing businesses to make painful compromises.
The HP Vertica Analytics Platform was consciously designed with speed, scalability, simplicity, and openness at its core and architected to handle analytical workloads via a distributed compressed columnar architecture. HP Vertica provides blazing-fast speed (queries run 50-1,000x faster), petabyte-scale (store 10-30x more data per server), and openness and simplicity (use any BI/ETL tools, Hadoop, etc.) — all at 30% of the cost of traditional data warehouse solutions.
Being truly information-driven requires you have access to all your data: Not just some of your data. Not only monthly, aggregate or summary data. But all of it, in all formats, no matter what the structure (or lack of structure), kept online for many years, or even decades.
Cloudera was founded in October 2008 to deliver the first enterprise-class implementation of Apache Hadoop. Not only was Cloudera the first company formed to build solutions based on Hadoop, but Doug Cutting, the co-creator of Hadoop, joined the company in 2009 as our Chief Architect and remains in that role today.
Today Cloudera offers a complete solution with Hadoop at its core: Our Enterprise Data Hub (EDH). It’s designed to solve data management problems by taking advantage of the power of Hadoop. But Hadoop by itself is not enough, it’s not an EDH.
- Hortonworks has a singular focus and commitment to drive innovation in the open exclusively via the Apache Software Foundation process.
- Hortonworks is responsible for around 50% of core code base advances to deliver Apache Hadoop as an enterprise data platform.
- Hortonworks is focused on the deep integration of Hadoop with existing data center technologies and team capabilities.
- Hortonworks has secured strategic relationships with trusted data center partners including
- Microsoft, Red Hat, SAP, Teradata, Rackspace, and many more.
- Hortonworks builds Apache Hadoop with the enterprise in mind, all tested and certified with real-world rigor in the world’s largest Hadoop clusters.
- Hortonworks has a world-class enterprise support and services organization with vast experience of the largest Hadoop deployments.
MapR supports these Apache projects on an advanced technology platform that not only provides enterprise-grade features such as high availability, disaster recovery, security, and full data protection but also allows Hadoop to be easily accessed as traditional network attached storage (NAS) with read-write capabilities.